A few useful tips before setting off in your kayaks.
RAIN, DROUGHT AND WATER LEVELS
Kayaking depends on the weather:
- In the event of heavy rain, the water level can vary significantly from one day to the next, forcing kayak hire companies to close the activity for safety reasons.
- In the event of drought, the Walloon Region may prohibit kayaking on the river for environmental protection reasons.
Before setting off, don’t hesitate to ring your kayak hire company or check river openings on the Walloon Region website. HERE
PRACTICAL ADVICE :
- Whatever your age or size, a lifejacket is the best way to ensure your safety when kayaking.
- Make sure you wear appropriate clothing for the day’s Belgian weather: sun cream, cap or jacket and rain hat.
- We strongly advise you to wear shoes throughout the trip.
- The river remains natural, so please remain vigilant and behave responsibly towards the flora and fauna and other river users.
Thanks to Contrat-Rivère Ourthe for the visuals.
Link to Kayak legislation: http://kayak.environnement.wallonie.be/public/homeRegarder la vidéo